Since the first COVID-19 case was reported in Karachi, Pakistan, on February 26, 2020, the Indus Hospital has scaled up its efforts and devised strategies to contain the epidemic in the city. A need was felt to have clinical discussions with front line doctors dealing with hospitalized COVID cases in other centers at a national level with the aim of improving understanding of the disease process and build standardized evidence based treatment protocols. Thus, the first National webinar titled ‘Management of Severe COVID Patients’ is being conducted on Wednesday, April, 15, 2020 from 3:00-5:00pm.
Dr. Saima Salman, Consultant Physician, Emergency Department, Indus Hospital would moderate the session. There will be two talks followed by a panel discussion. Dr. Samreen Sarfaraz, Infectious Diseases Consultant at The Indus Hospital will present “Management of COVID-19: National Perspective”. Dr. Faisal Mehmood, Aga Khan University will present “Critical review of available therapies for COVID-19”.
The expert panel comprises of:
- Faisal Sultan, CEO and Head of Infectious Diseases, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Lahore
- Naseem Akhter, Infectious Diseases, PIMS, Islamabad
- Amjad Mehboob, Assistant Professor and consultant Internal Medicine, Bacha Khan Medical Complex, Peshawar
- Shobha Luxmi, Consultant Infectious Diseases, DUHS, Karachi
- Asma Naseem, Associate Professor, Head of Infectious Diseases, SIUT, Karachi
- Nosheen Nasir Consultant Infectious Diseases, Aga Khan University, Karachi
The TIH Core Team comprises of: Dr. Samreen Sarfaraz, Lead Faculty Infectious Diseases, COVID-19 Unit; Dr. Fivzia Herekar, Lead Faculty, COVID-19 Unit; Dr. Ghazanfar Saleem, Lead Faculty, COVID-19 Emergency; Dr. Saima Salman, Faculty, COVID-19 Emergency; Dr. Adeel Khatri, Faculty, COVID-19 Emergency; Dr. Samina Junejo, Faculty, Pediatric Infectious Diseases; Dr. Aneela Hussain, Faculty, Infectious Diseases; Dr. Tehreem Ansari, Faculty, Infectious Diseases; Dr. Sama Mukhtar, Faculty, COVID-19 Emergency; Naveed Ahmed, Clinical Affairs, TIH; and Imran Jamal, ER Coordinator, TIH.